You may want to have a say in this decision, or you may simply want to follow your doctor’s recommendation.
Either way, this information will help you understand what your choices are so that you can talk to your doctor about them.
– Have surgery or a procedure to close or remove your varicose veins.
– Try home care to improve your symptoms. You can exercise, prop up your legs when resting, wear support or compression stockings, and lose weight if needed.
Key points to remember
– You may want to first try some things at home to reduce pain or other symptoms from varicose veins. You can wear compression stockings, prop up your leg (or legs) on a pillow or a chair when you can, get some exercise, and lose weight if needed. If these steps don’t help your symptoms, you may want to have surgery or a procedure.
– Having surgery or a procedure is a better choice if you care a lot about how your legs look. Home treatment won’t change the look of varicose veins. Surgery and other procedures also can reduce pain and other symptoms.
– Surgery can leave tiny scars on your legs.
Read more at MyHealth AlbertaShare